Some selected online First World War resources, including websites and online subscription databases, which may be useful to researchers. These resources are both Australian and international.
- Australian War Memorial
- ANZAC Centenary
- ANZAC Centenary - Australian Internet Sites
- Discovering Anzacs
- National Archives of Australia
- New South Wales ANZAC Centenary - Records of NSW and World War I
- State Library of New South Wales
- South Australian Red Cross Information Bureau 1916-1919
- State Library of Queensland
- State Library of South Australia
- State Library of Victoria
- War Service - AIATSIS. Includes a useful Further Reading list.
- WWI Link
Online resources at the National Library
There are a number of online Australian databases, both current and archival, subscribed to by the National Library that provide access to information on the First World War. They can be found on our eResources service under the heading Military history. Some key items are:
Australasian Military History database (MIHLIST) A bibliographic database that indexed articles from published material on pre-1980 Australian, New Zealand and Papua-New Guinean military history and related topics.
APAIS Covering the years 1945-2013 in both print and electronic formats, APAIS indexed articles from published material on the social sciences and humanities.
APAFT Commencing in 1995, provides full text access to nearly 500 scholarly Australian journals in the social sciences and humanities.