Current statistics online
Northern Territory statistical information is found at the Australian Bureau of Statistics and other agencies such as:
Department of the Attorney-General and Justice: See under 'Statistics and Strategy' for statistics, research publications and reporting regions.
- Department of Health: reports and fact sheets including statistics and survey results
- Department of Education: Enrolment and attendance and other statistics are available under 'Statistics and Research.'
You can also search for statistics, research and other information on the Northern Territory Government website.
Print resources in the National Library
- select the Browse alphabetically tab
- choose subjects from the drop-down list
- Type your keywords in the search bar
Example: Northern Territory -- Statistics
- Northern Territory statistical summary - 1969 - 1991
- Northern Territory in focus - 1992 - 1998; also available online
Statistics on the Northern Territory pre-1911 are included in the South Australian statistical register.
Indigenous Children in the Northern Territory
I am trying to find statistics on the abuse of children in the Northern Territory that 'sparked' the rush on the intervention.
For example, these statistics might show how much more likely indigenous are to be abused and/or sexually abused than non indigenous.
Are there any statistics that show the percenatage of indigenous Australians that have been abused?
Statistics related to Australia's Indigenous population, including health and social issues, can be found on the Australian Bureau of Statistics website. Use the 'Past and Future releases' tab to find statistics for previous years. The downloadable reports include statistics on child abuse and neglect.
The Australian Human Rights Commission has a statistical overview of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia including child protection.
There are also a number of websites that provide reports and other information about the Northern Territory National Emergency Response, or intervention. Many of them describe the development of the program and others provide supporting documents and evidence such as statistics.